Terms and Conditions
1. The definitions herein apply to the terms and conditions and all other forms of communication from Media One Communications Ltd whether written, email or published; 1.1 In these terms and conditions: “Advertisement” means any kind of promotional or advertising material (including, but not limited to, advertorial content, classified and/or recruitment advertising, colour separation production charges, yearbook listings, inserts and any other paid for promotional activity) that is, as the case may be: (i) to be printed in a Print Publication and/or (ii) to be displayed by electronic means including, but not limited to, web email, eZine and mobile device app; “Advertisement Confirmation” means Media One Communications Ltd’s written confirmation of the Buyer’s order, usually – but not exclusively – sent by email; “Advertiser” means any person who promotes products or services to the businesses and the general public or a section of the public, whether such person is the Buyer or not; “Advertiser Dependencies” means the Copy Deadline, together with any other obligations of the Buyer which Media One Communications Ltd may specify in connection with the proposed publication of the Advertisement (whether included in the Advertisement Confirmation, the Rate Card, the Booking Form or otherwise) including, but not limited to, the delivery format and/or file configuration in which any copy for the Advertisement (whether for a Print Publication or an Online Publication) is to be supplied to Media One Communications Ltd; “Buyer” means the person placing the order with Media One Communications Ltd for the publication of the Advertisement (including, but not limited to, the Advertiser’s advertising agency or media buyer); “Copy Deadline” means, where applicable, the latest date (as shown on the Advertisement Confirmation) by which the Buyer is obliged to give Media One Communications Ltd full instructions and copy for carrying out the Buyer’s order in accordance with and subject to these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of any doubt, Advertisements to be published in an Online Publication may not be subject to a Copy Deadline; “Online Publication” means any website operated or controlled by Media One Communications Ltd or other electronic medium (including, but not limited to, e-mail communications, apps, eZines, PDFs, and alerts), whether connected with or related to the title of a Print Publication or otherwise; “Print Publication” means any newspaper, magazine, yearbook, book, guide, or directory, insert (and including any supplement for which no charge is made to its recipient and which is published whether regularly or occasionally as part of or in association with such newspaper or magazine) published by Media One Communications Ltd; “Media One “ means Media One Communications Ltd Limited with its registered office at 8-12 Priestgate, Peterborough; “copies” and “circulation” means the total sum of the forecast number of readers of printed or digital editions and includes sum of the forecast number of PDF downloads, Web edition viewers, Tablet and mobile device readers and total web traffic to the associated web sites. Media One reserves the exclusive right to determine and forecast these figures based on the target audience and reserves the right to exceed or reduce the total copies or circulation without notice “readership” means a forecast multiple of the number of readers per publication on the basis that each copy (copies) is seen by more than one individual in a household or organisation . Media One reserves the right to exclusively determine the number of readers per copy without notice “the Rate Card” means the rate card from time to time in force which is used by Media One Communications Ltd and as such may include (amongst other things) Media One Communications Ltd’s scale of advertisement rates and also technical specifications relating to the standard and quality of reproduction of any Advertisement including its setting, style, delivery format, file configuration and size and wording; and “Working Days” means 9am to 5pm any day Monday to Friday inclusive other than Christmas Day, Good Friday, bank and other public holidays. 1.2 Where the context so admits, words importing the one gender shall include all other genders and words importing the singular shall include the plural and vice versa. A reference to a statute, statutory provision or other legislation is a reference to it as it is in force from time to time, taking account of any amendment or reenactment.
2. Application of these Terms and Conditions 2.1 All Advertisements accepted for publication by Media One Communications Ltd are accepted subject to these terms and conditions which shall apply to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions (including any which the Buyer purports to apply under any purchase order, confirmation of order, specification or other document). Any variation to these terms and conditions and any representations about the Advertisement shall have no effect unless expressly agreed in writing and signed by an authorised Director of Media One Communications Ltd. The Booking Form shall form part of these terms and conditions. 2.2 Unless circumstances specifically dictate otherwise in connection with the publication of an Advertisement in an Online Publication, no order placed by the Buyer shall be deemed accepted by Media One Communications Ltd until the Advertisement Confirmation is issued. 2.3 Notwithstanding any other provision of these terms and conditions, nothing herein shall require Media One Communications Ltd to do or omit to do anything which would contravene any applicable laws or regulations including, but not limited to, the Data Protection Act 1998, the Gambling Act 2005 and the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.
3. The Buyer hereby warrants, represents and undertakes to Media One Communications Ltd that: a) in relation to any and all Advertisements the Buyer contracts with Media One Communications Ltd as principal notwithstanding that the Buyer may be acting directly or indirectly for the Advertiser or in any other representative capacity; b) should the Buyer change its name, trading style, identity, address, or should any other details disclosed by the Buyer to Media One Communications Ltd change, the Buyer must give written notice to Media One Communications Ltd within 5 Working Days of such change(s); c) any and all other Advertiser Dependencies will be met and, unless otherwise agreed in writing by Media One Communications Ltd, all copy for any Advertisements will be delivered to Media One Communications Ltd in an approved digital format and/or file configuration and, in the case of an Advertisement to be published in a Print Publication, delivered at least 21 Working Days prior to the Copy Deadline; d) the publication of the Advertisement by Media One Communications Ltd (either in the Print Publication or the Online Publication or both, as the case may be) in the form originally submitted by the Buyer (or as amended pursuant to Condition 4 below) will not breach any contract with a third party or infringe any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary right of any third party or otherwise be unlawful or render Media One Communications Ltd liable to any proceedings, claims, demands, costs or expenses or any other loss whatsoever; e) in the case of any Advertisement submitted for publication by the Buyer which contains the name or pictorial representation, whether photographic or otherwise, of any living person or any part of the anatomy of any living person or any material by which any living person may be identified, the Buyer or the Advertiser has obtained the authority of that living person to make use of his or her name, identity, image, representation and/or copy; f) in relation to any financial promotion (as defined under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000), the Advertiser is, or its content have been approved by, an authorised person within the meaning of the Act or the Advertisement is otherwise permitted under the Act, under the Financial Promotion Order 2001 or under any other legislation subordinate to the Act; g) the Advertisement complies with the requirements of all relevant legislation (including subordinate legislation, the rules of statutorily recognised regulatory authorities and the law of the European Economic Community) and applicable laws for the time being in force or applicable to the United Kingdom; h) all advertising copy submitted to Media One Communications Ltd is legal, decent, honest and truthful, and complies with the British Code of Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing and all other relevant codes under the general supervision of the Advertising Standards Authority; i) all instructions, artwork or other material submitted to Media One Communications Ltd by electronic means shall not contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, and shall not be corrupted; j) any information supplied in connection with the Advertisement is accurate, complete and true; k) where the Buyer is the Advertiser’s agent, the Buyer is authorised by the Advertiser to place the Advertisement with Media One Communications Ltd and the Buyer will indemnify Media One Communications Ltd against any claim made by the Advertiser against Media One Communications Ltd arising from publication of the same; and l) the Buyer has retained sufficient quantity and quality of any artwork, film or other materials and copy relating to the Advertisement as Media One Communications Ltd shall not be liable for the loss of or damage to any of these items submitted to Media One Communications Ltd.
4. Advertisements: Copy, Alterations, Accuracy, Publication, etc 4.1 Notwithstanding Condition 3 above Media One Communications Ltd shall be entitled at any time to require the Buyer to amend any artwork, materials and copy for and relating to any Advertisement, or refuse (without notice) to publish any Advertisement for the purpose of: a) complying with any legal or moral obligations placed on Media One Communications Ltd or the Buyer or the Advertiser; or b) avoiding the infringement of (i) the rights of any third party or (ii) the British Code of Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing and all other relevant codes under the general supervision of the Advertising Standards Authority or (iii) any other applicable law; or c) meeting to Media One Communications Ltd’s reasonable satisfaction (i) the production and quality specifications stipulated on the Rate Card or (ii) any other Advertiser Dependencies. 4.2 Media One Communications Ltd reserves the right at its discretion and without notice to the Buyer: a) to decline to publish, or omit, alter, suspend or change the position of any Advertisement otherwise accepted for insertion, or publication. However, Media One Communications Ltd will endeavour to comply with the reasonable and practicable wishes of the Buyer although Media One Communications Ltd does not warrant the date of publication or insertion, the wording, or the quality of the reproduction of the Advertisement; and b) to increase or decrease, change and amend the number of copies in circulation of any of its publications at any time c) to quote a forecast number of copies based on the number of individuals a publication is available to in all formats, and not the number of individuals known to have read each edition d) to destroy all artwork, film, copy or other materials submitted by the Buyer and which have been in Media One Communications Ltd’s possession for more than six (6) months from the date of their last use by Media One Communications Ltd, unless specific written instructions have been received from the Buyer to the contrary. e) series discounts apply only to orders placed in advance and completed within the agreed period. Media One reserves the right to adjust advance discounts and/or to surcharge in the event of a series of Advertisements not being completed within that period. If the Buyer cancels the balance of a contract to publish a series of Advertisements, it relinquishes any series discount and all Advertisements will be paid for at the appropriate rate. Advertisements that have already run as part of a series will be surcharged at the discretion of Media One 4.3 All copyright and all other rights of a similar nature that are created or exist in material originated by Media One Communications Ltd in connection with the publication of the Advertisement remains vested in Media One Communications Ltd. 4.4 Advertisements: Online Publications 4.4.1 The Buyer shall submit copy for the Advertisement at least 72 hours prior to the intended go-live date. If the Buyer submits its copy late then Media One Communications Ltd reserves the right to publish the Advertisement at a time of its choosing. 4.4.2 If the Buyer is supplying creative content in the form of an Advertisement that links to another website the Buyer must inform Media One Communications Ltd in writing at least 2 Working Days prior to the intended go-live date. 4.4.3 If an Advertisement links to another website the Buyer is responsible for maintaining the link and for the content of the linked-to website. Media One Communications Ltd may remove any Advertisement which contains content or links to a website which, in Media One Communications Ltd’s discretion, is (or is likely to be) defamatory or objectionable or otherwise likely to bring Media One Communications Ltd into disrepute. The Buyer will indemnify Media One Communications Ltd from and against any claims or liability suffered or incurred by Media One Communications Ltd arising in any connection from links contained in an Advertisement. 4.4.4 If Media One Communications Ltd receives complaints about the content of an Advertisement it may, at its discretion, remove the Advertisement from display without reference or liability to the Buyer or Advertiser. 4.4.5 The provisions set out in this condition 4.4 apply in addition (save where the context expressly permits) and without prejudice to all other provisions set out in these terms and conditions.
5. Advertisements: Responsibility and Liability 5.1 The Buyer shall indemnify and keep indemnified Media One Communications Ltd against all proceedings, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses or any other loss whatsoever arising directly or reasonably forseeably as a result of (i) the publication of the Advertisement or (ii) any breach of the Buyer’s obligations under these terms and conditions or implied by law. 5.2 With regard to the actual or intended insertion of an Advertisement in any Print or Online Publication Media One Communications Ltd shall not be responsible to the Buyer or liable for: a) checking the correctness of the Advertisement in the form it is received from the Buyer; b) any error in the Advertisement in the form it is received from the Buyer; c) the wording, representation, placement or quality of colour or mono reproduction of the Advertisement; d) the actual positioning or prominence of the Advertisement in the Print and/or Online Publication (as the case may be); e) the repetition of any error in an Advertisement ordered for more than one insertion; f) the distribution of the Print or Online Publication in a specific geographical area; g) the failure, corruption or malfunction of any system of electronic publication, whether by means of electronic storage, display or retrieval equipment or otherwise; h) any order given by the Buyer in the nature of a “stop order” or cancellation or transfer of the publication of the Advertisement unless it is given to Media One Communications Ltd in writing, in the case of an Advertisement to be published in a Print Publication, at least 28 Working Days before the Copy Deadline and, in the case of an Advertisement to be published in an Online Publication, at least 72 hours prior to the intended go-live date; i) any loss whatsoever caused by delay or failure by Media One Communications Ltd to issue the Print or Online Publication on the due date (or such other date of release, display or publication, as the case may be), or Media One Communications Ltd’s decision to suspend the Print and/or Online publication or cease the Print or Online Publication altogether; j) the payment of any damages or other compensation for breach of contract because of Media One Communications Ltd’s failure to perform any of its obligations under these terms and conditions if such failure is caused by anything beyond Media One Communications Ltds reasonable control (that is to say as a result of force majeure) including acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial actions or trade disputes, pandemic, epidemic or other widespread illness whether involving Media One Communications Ltd’s employees or those of any third party; k) any loss whatsoever caused as a consequence of any instructions, artwork or any other material relating to the Advertisement being submitted by the Buyer in electronic form that is in breach of the warranty at Condition 3(h) above; l) any matter of complaint, claim or query (whether in relation to the Advertisement, in which case Condition 5.3 shall apply, or Media One Communications Ltd’s invoice related thereto) unless raised with Media One Communications Ltd in writing within 5 Working Days following the publication of the Advertisement or at the date on which it is claimed the Advertisement was intended to appear, or the receipt by the Buyer of the invoice giving rise to it; and m) any failure of the Advertisement to meet or generate any target response levels or page impressions. 5.3 Subject to Condition 5.2, if an Advertisement contains an error caused by Media One Communications Ltd and this detracts materially from the Advertisement then provided the Buyer gives written notice to Media One Communications Ltd of the error in the Advertisement (as the case may be): a) within 5 Working Days of its publication or display in the case of a single order; or b) before either the Copy Deadline for its next insertion or subsequent go live date (as the case may be) in the case of a series order Media One Communications Ltd will at its discretion either: c) give the Buyer credit for the cost of the Advertisement containing the error; or d) publish the Advertisement for a second time without charge to the Buyer and to that extent such credit or re-publication (as the case may be) shall be Media One Communications Ltd’s maximum liability to the Buyer. Such matter dealt with under this Condition 5.3 shall not affect the liability of the Buyer for payment by the due date of Media One Communications Ltd’s charges for the Advertisement and all other Advertisements. 5.4 Except to the extent specified in Condition 5.3, Media One Communications Ltd shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Buyer (or the Advertiser) as a result of any total or partial failure of publication, distribution or availability of any Print or Online Publication in which any Advertisement is scheduled to be included, or for any error, misprint or omission in the printing of any Advertisement. 5.5 The total liability of Media One Communications Ltd to the Buyer for any act or omission of Media One Communications Ltd, its employees or agents relating to any Advertisement shall not exceed the amount of the full refund of any price paid to Media One Communications Ltd for the Advertisement or the cost of a reasonably comparable further or corrective Advertisement. Without limiting the foregoing, Media One Communications Ltd shall not be liable for any (i) loss of profits, goodwill or business or (ii) indirect or consequential loss.
6. Payment Terms 6.1 Payment for any Advertisement or any other goods or services is due in advance of first publication of the Advertisement in accordance with the terms set out in the Payment Schedule in this clause unless Media One Communications Ltd has previously agreed in writing to open a credit account for the Buyer, and where a credit account is opened then payment of the account shall become due 30 days after the date of Media One Communications Ltd’s invoice and the Buyer will ensure that payment is received by Media One Communications Ltd no later than this due date. The Buyer must submit all information requested by Media One Communications Ltd (including, but not limited to, any relevant purchase order number) and in accordance with Media One Communications Ltd‘s instructions and deadlines in order for Media One Communications Ltd to generate its invoices, and failure to supply such information in accordance with any such request or instructions shall not excuse late or nonpayment. Payment Schedule: Recruitment Print, Display, Digital and Classified a) A payment of 25% initial deposit 4 weeks in advance of the first date of publication of the Advertisement (“Minimum Payment Price”); b) A payment of 50% 2 weeks in advance of the first date of publication of the Advertisement; c) A payment of 25% 1 week in advance of the first date of publication of the Advertisement. 6.2 All the rates and charges payable under or with reference to these terms and conditions are subject to and exclusive of Value Added Tax which shall be charged in addition at the rate from time to time in force. 6.3 If the Buyer: a) fails to pay Media One Communications Ltd’s invoice in accordance with the Payment Schedule in Condition 6.1 above; or b) is in breach of any obligation under these terms and conditions, Media One Communications Ltd shall be entitled to terminate its contract with the Buyer immediately (without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to Media One Communications Ltd whether under these terms and conditions or otherwise) and, without prejudice to Media One Communications Ltd’s right to terminate its contract with the Buyer in such circumstances, the outstanding balance owed by the Buyer shall become due and payable immediately. 6.4 Without prejudice to Condition 6.3, Media One Communications Ltd shall be entitled to: a) charge interest on any outstanding balance owed to Media One Communications Ltd at the rate of 4% above the base rate of Barclays Bank Plc from the date that the invoice became due for payment until the date it is paid in full (whether before or after Judgment); b) charge an administration fee of £25 if any cheque drawn in its favour by the Buyer in purported satisfaction of any unpaid invoice is dishonoured on presentation; and c) instruct a debt collection agency (apart from solicitors) to recover any sum due and in that case all charges incurred by Media One Communications Ltd as a result of such instruction shall be payable by the Buyer in any event upon demand. 6.5 Media One Communications Ltd reserves the right at its discretion and without notice to the Buyer: (a) to charge the Buyer for any extra production and colour processing costs because of any act or omission by the Buyer to supply artwork, film, copy or other materials of sufficient quality or otherwise in accordance with the Advertiser Dependencies; and (b) to change any matters shown on the Rate Card, including in particular (but not limited to), its scale of advertisement rates at any time. 6.6 Any currency conversions necessary to prepare an invoice shall be calculated at the rate quoted by National Westminster Bank Plc at the date of invoice.
7. Cancellation & Termination 7.1 Media One Communications Ltd shall not be bound by any request from the Buyer to stop, cancel or suspend an Advertisement unless such request is in writing and confirmed in writing by Media One Communications Ltd. 7.2 Without prejudice to Condition 7.1, the following costs remain due on cancellation, and the Buyer acknowledges that these charges represent a genuine pre-estimate of Media One Communications Ltd’s losses: Display advertising a) notice of cancellation received 29 –42 days or more before quoted copy deadline, 25% of total booking fee due b) notice of cancellation received 15-28 days before quoted copy deadline, 50% of total booking fee due c) notice of cancellation received 0-14 days before quoted copy deadline, 100% of total booking fee due.
Download a copy of the terms & conditions HERE
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.